Bitternes Afloat collects and uses information (including but not limited to website use, name, email address, and data that can is described as personal information) in order to improve its online experience and to respond to enquiries submitted.
- Cookies used do not collect personally identifiable information such as name or email address.
- You can find out how to best manage your cookies via this link.
Personal Information Policy
- Bitternes Afloat respects the privacy of individuals and conforms to the applicable laws and regulations on the use of personally identifiable data.
- Bitternes Afloat operates practices and procedures to protect all data submitted and held, and protect from disclosure, loss, alteration and other inappropriate use.
- Bitternes Afloat holds and processes any personal information submitted for the purpose that it was offered in. If collected via this website you are asked to confirm that you consent to our contacting you to follow up your enquiry. If you are making an application to attend the holiday, we legally process both personal and sensitive information a) to take steps prior to entering in to a contract and to fulfill the contract between us an you and b) to ensure the welfare of the young person, which is considered of ‘Vital Interest’.
- Under Data Protection legislation, you have the right to request access to information about you that we hold. To make a request for your personal information contact us via the contact form.
You also have the right to:
- object to processing of personal data that is likely to cause, or is causing, damage or distress
- prevent processing for the purpose of direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means
- in certain circumstances, have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed; and
- claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of the Data Protection regulations.
- Bitternes Afloat will only share any personally identifiable data collected if required to do so by a court of law.
- Bitternes Afloat will not make public the contact information of any individual.
- You may contact us at any point and request the removal of any information held about you.